Pricing and Commissions

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hello from soggy Maine!

I love new journals. In fact, I have a collection of them -- purple velvet, handmade paper, gold edged pages, marbelized end papers, blank pages, lined pages, handmade paper, grid lines... All those pristine pages just waiting for me to write on them, draw on them, add a splash of color, glue something interesting in...

I use my journals as inspiration and a record of my days. Sometimes they are chronological, sometimes I bounce back and forth in them, responding to the images and words on a page spontaneously.

And here is a new kind of journal. A new journey! We'll have to see what unfolds...

A few images to get us started, because, of course, I'm a visual learner, and pictures are Where It's At!














Here are some sketches of botanical designs I have been playing with.

















And a pretty little box I made for a nice client to give to her friend. I had fun trying to figure out how to make the flourishes on "Peggy" look elegant and not like Medusa's hair.

No comments: